Networks, graphs & maps
Semantic networks, bayesian networks, cognitive maps, etc.
- Exploring the geographies of the Internet, the Web and other emerging Cyberspaces.
- ASSISTUM is a suite of software products enabling the creation and use of knowledge bases that help users come to a decision.
- A knowledge base consists of a "concept-map" of factors relevant to the issue under consideration, together with "rules of thumb" that connect them. Assistum uses "fuzzy logic" and artificial intelligence.
- The Knowledgebank is a largescale database which stores information collected from a variety of sources. These include Intelligent Agents on the Internet, published information from journals and books, analysis and experiments. Into this database is linked a search engine and a Visualisation system which generates Maps.
- Information on Self-Organizing Map (SOM)