Sub-topics of collaboration.
- collaborative platforms?
- communication components, ... (instant messaging, email, ...)
- coordination components, ... (agenda, ...)
related topics: online social networking, learning technologies, virtual reality, web 2.0
To be completed.
Microsoft livens up instant messaging
- by Elinor Mills, CNET News.com, June 19, 2006
- The public version adds Windows Live Contacts, which lets users set the system to alert them when any information about their contacts changes, like e-mail address and phone number. Another new feature is Sharing Folders, which lets people create shared folders in which they can send and store things to be shared with contacts.
Yahoo Messenger gets plug-ins
- by Elinor Mills, CNET News.com, June 19, 2006
- Yahoo introduced on Monday a beta of its Yahoo Messenger with Voice chat application that includes free plug-ins designed to let people to do things like track eBay auctions, see friends' wish lists on Amazon.com, collaborate real-time on event planning and compare calendars with contacts.
Reader poll: (Google) Spreadsheets could erode Excel user base
- by Dawn Kawamoto, CNET News.com, June 7, 2006
- "It's not as full-featured as Excel, but the collaboration features are quite nice," a News.com reader named "ablocker" said in a posting. "I can see using it when I want to edit a sheet as a group. (It) seems far better than e-mail exchanges or clustering around a screen. I can see using Google's emerging suite alongside Office for collaboration and working on essential files from the road".
Software taps experts among your friends
- by John Markoff, The New York Time, via CNET News.com, May 28, 2006
- Tacit plans to start testing the service, called Illumio, next month. The service allows the user to mine the data on the computers of friends, business associates and others with shared interests on any subjects.
Gates to demonstrate new search software
- by Ina Fried, CNET News.com, May 16, 2006
- Microsoft's technology tries to ease that task by looking through workers' e-mail and other data and then automatically generating working profiles.
Google Calendar colors a CNET reporter's day
- by Daniel Terdiman, CNET News.com, May 8, 2006
- I've been waiting for something to nudge my scheduling into the digital era. So when Google Calendar was released last month, I saw my opportunity. I also decided to try the Web-based calendars from Yahoo and Microsoft to see how they compare.
Collaborative platforms (miscellaneous)
- Zoho is an Office Productivity Suite
Open Croquet (Smalltalk)
- a new open source software platform for creating deeply collaborative multi-user online applications. It features a network architecture that supports communication, collaboration, resource sharing, and synchronous computation among multiple users. Using Croquet, software developers can create powerful and highly collaborative multi-user 2D and 3D applications and simulations.
- eGroupWare is a free enterprise ready groupware software
- see also virtual reality
Calendars agendas, ...
- Create a Calendar That You Can Access from Anywhere. Keep it private, share it with others or publish it on the Web
- Meet-O-Matic is a meeting scheduling application with a difference you can experience for yourself in 2 minutes, with no registration ever required.
- from the MIT Simile project, open source, BSD license
- Timeline is a DHTML-based AJAXy widget for visualizing time-based events.
- Yahoo upcoming
- Help to schedule an event
- -- open source
- PHP iCalendar is a PHP-based iCal file viewer/parser to display iCals in a Web browser.
Collaborative speadsheets on-the-web
- Tacit Software drives meaningful collaboration among employees in large enterprises. Their technology continuously processes e-mail, documents and other business communications and automatically discovers each employee's work focus, expertise and business relationships.
- Kerika is a tool for sharing ideas and organizing projects for distributed team
- Information storage in LDAP
- --- postit
- 3M post-it digital notes
- Stikkit gives you the digital equivalent of a sticky note: the easiest thing you can grab to jot down an idea or reminder. As you type, Stikkit watches for appointments, to-dos, people, bookmarks and more, magically extracting and organizing the important details. It's like having a personal assistant following along after you.
MS Office OneNote
- A tool that helps you to capture, organize, find, and share notes.
- IBM research project
- The goal for the dogear project was to design and build a world-class social bookmarking service aimed at the enterprise
IBM Community Tools
- A suite of plug-ins that enhance community interaction through instant and broadcast messaging
back to collaboration