related terms: venture capital, innovation, creativity, social entrepreneurship, ...
see also sectors: serious games business, games business
Web services upend ideas about little guys
- by Steve Lohr, The New York Times, via CNET News.com, February 21, 2006
- The second-generation Internet technologies--combined with earlier tools like the Web itself and e-mail--are drastically reducing the cost of communicating, finding things and distributing and receiving services online. That means a cost leveling that puts small companies on equal footing with big ones, making it easier for upstarts to innovate, disrupt industries and even get big fast
Microsoft checks out the iPod way
- by Ina Fried, CNET News.com, October 26, 2005
- Ray Ozzie, Microsoft's newly appointed services guru, pointed to Apple Computer's iconic music player as a "perfect example" of a product that marries hardware, software and services. He also points to Research In Motion's BlackBerry?, which brings together an e-mail device, server-based software and wireless data service.
Unlocking the enterprise for open source
- by Joshua Jaffe, The Deal.com, CNET News.com, August 21, 2005
- Bob Gatewood needed more control. The chief technology officer at Athena Healthcare was sick of multiple databases that contained the same customer record. He wanted to tightly integrate the company's customer data into its Web portal, its financial accounting system and its call center software.
Journals and magazines
|People and organisations
People and organisations
back to Taxonomy