The ICDT platform
The ICDT Platform is a web-based virtual environment aimed at supporting distributed groups and communities.
Different versions of the ICDT Platform have been employed and are actively used to support a number of applications, including:
- Virtual Learning Communities and Knowledge Exchange
- Project and Document Management applications
- Service and Product Development and Distribution
In terms of functionality, the ICDT Platform integrates features aimed at providing efficient (realtime or asynchronous) information, communication, distribution and transaction channels used by the community of users (operating both as 'suppliers' and 'consumers' of knowledge).
The ICDT Platform is based on a conceptual framework develop to diagnose the efficiency and effectiveness of groupware-based, cooperative workspaces.
The ICDT Model induces a segmentation of the space of business opportunities created by the Internet into four "virtual spaces" :
- Virtual Information Space (VIS)
- Virtual Communication Space (VCS)
- Virtual Transaction Space (VDS)
- Virtual Distribution Space (VTS)
The ICDT platform is built using the Lotus Domino Lotus/Domino environment, and Lotus Sametimes (for the realtime funtionalities).
Other virtual community platforms
- Albert A. Angehrn (1997);
- The ICDT Model: Towards a Taxonomy of Internet-related Business Strategies;
- 97/12 INSEAD/CALT Working Paper No. 5
- a description
- ; projects: (ICDT platform);
back to Prototyping